Amphigory Alley

A collection of mostly nonsense and rigmarole, with apparent meaning, which on further attention proves to be meaningless.

Monday, February 05, 2007

Cupid's Challenge

Although I've taken a longer-than-usual hiatus from the blogosphere, I actually started several different posts that I just couldn't see through to conclusion. I've been working on one about Micah, one on how much these church of Christ gender roles "debates" bug the crap out of me, and one remembering my father, who died six years ago last week. I'm going to blame the heinously frigid weather and the gloomy entropy it brings for the fact that my brain can't muddle through anything of real depth right now, so I'll deal with a less angst-ridden issue.

Here's my current conundrum: I'm not sure where to take the Musical Genius for Valentine's Day this year (we alternate, and it's my turn again). For our first, we had Ethiopean. I don't remember exactly what we did the next year, but I think that we stayed in and ordered takeout on account of abysmal weather. In 2005, I picked Cafe Mozart -- excellent food, but very cramped quarters. Plus, it gets a little loud with the "special Valentine's jazz combo." Last year, MG chose Korean barbecue (which is actually just a spicier take on fondue and was much more romantic than it sounds), and I want to find something different and interesting for next week. I've checked out Citysearch, but nothing is really a sure thing. Some of the places that have the most appealing websites and menus receive some of the worst reviews. Any suggestions?

2 Comments:

  • At 1:46 PM, Blogger Little Light said…

    Pipa (E. 21st Street?) attached to ABC Home & Carpet.

     
  • At 3:49 PM, Blogger OperaBarbie said…

    I've actually been meaning to visit ABC anyway for remnants. Richard reeeeeally needs new carpet. Plus, I love tapas. That could work very well!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home